The first Episcopal worship service was held in
St. James’ parish was formed
In 1893, parishioners built the church that stands today at the corner of Seventh and Davis Streets. The cruciform church was built with three different woods: oak, cypress, and pine. The tall steeple and bell and classic design are in the tradition of Episcopal churches built in that era.
The church’s tracker action pipe organ is rare and historic. It was built by George Jardine and Sons in
In 1970, the church received a Historical Marker from the State of
The Parish Hall and offices were added in1990. In 2001, the large lot next to the Parish Hall was purchased to give the church room for future parking and expansion