"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways my ways, says the Lord." - Isaiah 55.
The photographer in Taylor, Andy Sharp, who did our lovely photos for the Austin paper's article on the Blessing of the Animals, caught St. James' in the gorgeous sunset a few nights ago. Thank you for sending, Andy.
A busy day coming up, Saturday, Dec. 11:
- all day, one hour shifts - Salvation Army bell-ringing at the Taylor Walmart. If it's warm, don't forget your church T-shirt.
- 10:00am: pew-polishing at St. James'. If you need a good stretch, come to the church, and John Edwards will provide you with a bottle of wood polish and a rag. Then, let your joints and muscles feel the goodness.
- 10:00am: cooking for Meals on Wheels in the kitchen, which leads to...
Meals on Wheels will be going out this Sunday, Dec. 12, shortly after worship. Deliverers always needed.
Donate a poinsettia for Christmas Eve - help brighten our sanctuary, and give thanks or remember someone dear in the process. Just memo a check, flowers, and let us know how you would like people remembered by attaching their names, or emailing Kelly.
Other things coming up:
12/18 - Food Pantry at old middle school across the street - St. James' turn to distribute, beginning at 9am.
12/19 - Christmas Eve rehearsal for acolytes, 9am
12/24 - 5:30pm Tamale supper (Kelly has list of ingredients needed, will publish soon)
- 6:00pm A Children's Lessons and Carols
- 7:00pm Candlelit Holy Eucharist, with soloists, Don & Crystal Edwards
Here are some photos from our Advent Event...